Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Five weird things about me - Other than the obvious

Came from Darni - Although she didn't tag anyone, I have a feeling that she wanted me and Mak to pick up where she left off.

1. My weirdness started when I was born. When I was born, my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and I was born with a veil over my head. Imagine growing up and everyone telling you that since you were born with this veil, you are going to see ghosts. They had me scared half to death. I have witnessed some interesting things.

2. When I was born, it took the doctors 8 minutes to get me to take my first breath. When I finally started breathing, all I did was let out a sigh.

3. My parents had eight children; all of them were suppose to be born in February. One of my sisters came two weeks early and one of my brothers came two weeks late.

4. It is interesting to note that my mother was told by her doctor that she should stop having kids when she had her 4th child. Since she wanted a large family, she ignored that advice. I am the 7th child, born on a day that adds up to 7 and was born in a year that is a multiple of 7. I'm eternally grateful to my dear mother.

5. When I was taking a chemistry class a white man told me that I scared him. When I asked why, he said I've answered him multiple times when he didn't ask a question. I told him this is not true, when did this happen? He said you just did it. I said no, I heard you ask me a question and I was just answering your question. This was week three. The following week, I had to finish the rest of the term without a lab partner.

posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(4)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------