. : About me : .
. : Recent Posts : .
Impotent African American Leaders
. : Archives : .
. : Favorite African American Female Authors : .
. : Scientific - Search Engines : .
. : DNA Links : .
. : Miscellaneous : .
. : Credits : .
. : Petitions : .
. : Alternative Media Links : .
Accuracy in Media Bahiyah Woman Magazine Black Electorate.com BlackNews.com BlackPressUSA Chicago Defender Democracy Now Election Coverage Free Press.org Media Matters for America The Atlanta Journal-Constitution The Black Commentary The Nation Truth Out.org Watching America
. : Government : .
. : Progressives : .
A Little Left of Centrist Afro-Net-izen American Hot Sausage Black Perspective & Introspection ChazAtlas Church of the Bad News Culture Kitchen Daily Kos Hungry Blues John Kerry For President Julius Speaks LaShawn Barber Exposed Marian's Blog Mak Attack! Naro% Negrophile Onblast Media Peace Garden Rob's Blog State of The Qusan Swerve Left Talking Points Memo That Colored Fella The Disgruntled Chemist The eve of the apocalypse The Huffington Post Tiger Tale Journal Where the Dolphins Play Undernews Xenophon
. : Conservatives : .
. : Moderates & Others : .
a peace of me Black Ambition black prof Black Refer Call 2 Arms Cincinatti Black Blog Coffee House Studio Dear World Diane S Dick Gregory Dominique EditorMom Emerging Pheonix Humanity Critic James Manning Midlife Crisis NativeAlien Pen & Paper Professor Kim's News Proviso Probe Serenity 23 Shavonne SonnyRedd Southern Diva The Daily Fix Underground Railroad
. : Inspirational : .
. : Blogs Featuring African Related Issues : .
. : Social Networking Online Community for Black Professionals : .
. : Webrings : .
Tuesday, February 07, 2006Five weird things about me - Other than the obvious
Came from Darni - Although she didn't tag anyone, I have a feeling that she wanted me and Mak to pick up where she left off.
1. My weirdness started when I was born. When I was born, my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and I was born with a veil over my head. Imagine growing up and everyone telling you that since you were born with this veil, you are going to see ghosts. They had me scared half to death. I have witnessed some interesting things.
2. When I was born, it took the doctors 8 minutes to get me to take my first breath. When I finally started breathing, all I did was let out a sigh.
3. My parents had eight children; all of them were suppose to be born in February. One of my sisters came two weeks early and one of my brothers came two weeks late.
4. It is interesting to note that my mother was told by her doctor that she should stop having kids when she had her 4th child. Since she wanted a large family, she ignored that advice. I am the 7th child, born on a day that adds up to 7 and was born in a year that is a multiple of 7. I'm eternally grateful to my dear mother.
5. When I was taking a chemistry class a white man told me that I scared him. When I asked why, he said I've answered him multiple times when he didn't ask a question. I told him this is not true, when did this happen? He said you just did it. I said no, I heard you ask me a question and I was just answering your question. This was week three. The following week, I had to finish the rest of the term without a lab partner.