Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Bible & The Egyptian Book of the Dead

Recently, C2A wrote a post entitled "Why God". What stood out to me most in the post were the following statements:


I’m always stunned by the great number of people who enjoy the chance to bear witness to their disbelief in God. Their strikes against God strengthen my faith because I don’t think people would expend energy to vocalize disbelief in something they truly didn’t believe had power.

Since I know that I stated emphatically that I didn't believe in the Christian God, I was 99.9999% sure she was talking to me and it almost sounded like she was expecting her God to strike me down. Fortunate for me, I'm 100% sure a loving God wouldn't behave in this unkind manner. So to ease her conscious, I said the following:

Some of us just don’t believe in the Christian God. This disturbs many black people. However, that doesn’t automatically mean that those who don’t believe in this Christian God don’t believe in some type of higher power. As for me, I live my life in such a way that what is best for me, always happen. I continued by saying - just so you know, if people thought a God had power, they wouldn’t dare speak against it. They would simply be too afraid. Furthermore, if there was one way to this God thing, the world would only have one religion.

One of the reasons I don't believe in the bible is that the so called "Ten Commandments" and this virgin birth are not unique to Christianity. The 10 Commandments were plagiarized from the 42 Negative Confessions or Declaration of Innocence that were recorded in The Egyptian Book of the Dead. This Declaration of Innocence is also called the Laws of the Goddess (Maat). And, the virgin birth was stolen from the story about Osiris and Isis and how Isis gave birth to their child, Horus after the death of Osiris. Why would an omnipotent and omniscient God be so unoriginal and uninspired to copy the moral codes and the virgin birth story of another civilization and pass it off as something he invented so that people can believe and be saved from eternal damnation? There is something fundamentally wrong with this type of deceit. This is pure unadulterated evil! I believe in researching everything before accepting anything as the so called "gospel" truth.

I do however like the idea that the three major world's religions are founded upon the principles of the Ancient Egyptian Goddess "Maat", which was around ~ 3500 years before the advent of Christianity. Maybe this is what is wrong with the world; people are worshipping a male God that has been bastardized. Finally, if I'm going to worship something, it certainly will not be a poor imitation of something that predates recorded time. When you know the truth, it is really hard to believe a LIE or the absurd!!!

Recap: In order for Christianity to exist, this God broke two commandments, thou shalt not steal and thou shalt not lie. Subsequently, if you look at all the bible atrocities, you will also see that this God is a murderer too. On that note, I've probably lost the rest of my readership. I'm not making any of this stuff up, if your faith is strong, check it out for yourself. The truth is there...

posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(22)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------