Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Friday, August 19, 2005

Raw Reform - A diet that works naturally...

I'm really excited to find this article about someone else who went on a raw food diet to lose weight. Prior to the diet, the person weighed approximately 279 pounds and now they are clocking in at a healthy 138 pounds.

Prior to the summer, I went on a raw food diet and although I wasn't obese, I lost a total of 17 pounds (my weight immediately prior to the diet change was 146 and now I weigh 129). I also discovered that your body will lose weight until it reaches its ideal weight for your body frame in which case, you will no longer lose anymore.

I've decided to incorporate this mostly raw food diet into my life permanently 1) to maintain health and 2) to prevent unwanted pounds. Eating this way takes discipline, but if you can overcome the first two weeks, the rest will be a cakewalk. Good luck to anyone that is brave enough to try this because it will separate the weak from the strong. The best part of this diet for me is that it took less food to fill me up after my body became acclimated and the frequency that I wanted to eat also decreased.

posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(2)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------