Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Monday, June 06, 2005

Supreme Court allows prosecution of medical marijuana

The U.S. Supreme Court Monday ruled doctors can be blocked from prescribing marijuana for patients suffering from pain caused by cancer or other serious illnesses.

In a 6-3 vote, the justices ruled the Bush administration can block the backyard cultivation of pot for personal use, because such use has broader social and financial implications. Link

Just when people thought they could get some relief, the government steps in to dampen progress. I really have mixed feeling about this subject since some reports say that marijuana damages the lungs, nerves and brain, while others say this is a myth. Which study do you believe? As for me, I just don't like using anything that impairs my judgment too much. I can only imagine the pain associated with cancer that people must endure that would make them want to try almost anything to get relief. I just hope I don't have to make that choice.


posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(4)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------