Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

UN Reports Large Gender Gap in Education Worldwide

The things that happen to women and girls in other countries are unfortunate. In my family, I consistently outperformed all of my siblings, the males and females. Just think if I was born in another country, I could very well be among those unfortunate numbers. Although I get upset with the corruption in this country, it is still better than some of those other countries, especially for women and girls. One would think with all the wealth America has at its fingertip - more money would be allocated to assisting poorer countries and nations. But, who am I kidding; America doesn't even want to help its own poor.

A new United Nations reports shows a majority of the 115 million children worldwide who are excluded from receiving an education are girls. More...

posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(0)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------