Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Friday, November 18, 2005

Evolution is a religion? I didn't know!

Recently James Manning, Rebecca, and a few other notable bloggers have been talking about ID. Although I realized early on that the discussion wasn’t going anywhere since it was clear that everyone was only interested in getting their point across without fully taking into account anybody else’s point. Not to get into too many details because the links are listed below for anyone who is interested in the discussion.

When it comes to Republican and moderates, I find that their views are not always based on reality, at least not my reality. Anyway, although James Manning is a Democrat apparently the discussions from the moderates interest him immensely. So, while visiting his site, I made an interesting, but disturbing discovery about some proponents of ID.

  • Did you know that some people (Moderates & Republicans) don’t know the difference between religion and evolution?

  • Did you know that some people believe liberals worship Darwinism?

Had I known this going into the debate, I would have avoided it like a plague. If anyone is interested in the discussions - James Manning talks about ID here, here, here and here. The conversation originated on Rebecca's blog because of the latest incidence in the Kansas school system. You can read all about it here, here, and here.

I walked away thinking I was so naïve not to know there were people who believed this. Surely, I thought, every adult in America should know the difference between religion and science. Unfortunately, this is not the case.


posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(3)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------