Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Thursday, July 14, 2005

The End of Cheap Oil

This is unfortunate. I drive a toy SUV and it already costs me ~$31 to fill my tank. I'm going to really have to consider the two-hour train ride to school. It probably would take a little less time (a half hour) if I confined myself to riding the train during the peak rush hour times only.

Three decisive factors are pushing the price of crude up permanently: 1) The geological depletion of conventional oil (inexpensive to extract); 2) the entry into a world of terrorism and of permanent wars for the control of oil; 3) the strong increase in demand due to Asian growth and the maintenance of Western consumption.

posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(3)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------