Cynthia's Interests


The world as it unfolds - told from an African American woman's perspective...

Friday, June 24, 2005

I'm on a roll - Another Post

For the past few days, I've been preparing for a talk at the school where I did my masters and haven't really had time to comment much on things that have been going on around me. I'm a movie buff and I generally go see movies when they first come out, but I couldn't bring myself to see Cinderella Man because I had this feeling that it was filled with lies. Here is an article on Black America Web that confirms my suspicion. Not only is it historically inaccurate, but also, this man extorted money from Joe Louis for 10 years. I would ask, can you believe this, but we all know this is true. Well, this settles it for me. A person has to have some principles in this world. It is official I am a passive aggressive. These people should pay Joe Louis' family back. Hell, as black people, we all need to be repaid (reparation) in some form or fashion. Just give me my money now.

Excerpt from the article.

Oh, and that nasty business of Braddock and his managers demanding 10 percent of Joe Louis’ boxing earnings for 10 years as a condition of Louis getting a 1937 title shot at Braddock? Don’t look for it in “Cinderella Man.”

posted by Cynthia   Permalink| Comments(4)|

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------